L.L.Bean Boots are meant for adventure. No matter the time of year, if you own a pair of “Bean Boots,” you’re equipped for both the expected and unexpected. You’ll stay dry, comfortable and – whether you care to or not – fashionable. I’ve had my Bean Boots on a lot of adventures (full disclosure: I’m an L.L. Bean employee). From Fort Kent to the southern-most point in Maine, they have been along for the ride. From summer to fall, from fishing to hiking, here are my top 20 Bean Boot adventures:
4. Late afternoon hikes along the paths covered in crunchy leaves.
5. Early spring hikes in the heart of Maine with a spontaneous fire to warm up.
6. Laying back by the river and boiling a cup of coffee for late afternoon caffeine.
7. Proudly standing by a hand-built fire on a late summer evening.
8. Ankle-deep water as my uncle and I hunt for an eight-point buck in Aroostook County.
9. Waiting for nightfall with what once was a full fifth of whiskey.
10. Gathering kindling from the forest floor for a fall campfire.
11. Picking apples from a local Maine orchard.
12. With friends and family.
13. Riverside as I cast a line for eagerly-waiting trout.
14. Jumping from granite rock to granite rock along the rugged coast.
15. The first snowfall of the year, in shorts.
16. A few inches into winter, in pants.
17. Drying by the warmth of a cabin fire on a cool winter night.
18. Feet up and reading at the L.L.Bean store itself.
19. Waxed and waiting the next adventure.
20. With their perfect match.