New Year’s Eve is always a time of reflection for me. So, what better way to end 2014 than to think about what I’d prefer not to see in 2015. I mean, why not make social media a happier place in the new year?
We all have our pet peeves on social media. I hope you can relate to some of mine. And, if you feel like I’ve left something really important off the list, please let me know. Leave your peeves in the comments section here or you can find me on Twitter at @bobbbyg. Email works too.
I want to thank each and every one of you for your support in 2014. I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year’s Eve. Bring on 2015!
Now, let’s put all of these things to rest in the coming year …
1. Inspirational quotes. Really?
2. Inspirational hashtags. #blessed #BARF
3. Inspirational anything. Just stop it.
5. Vaguebooking. If you want our attention try being funny. Or, naked. That always works.
6. Google+. You tried. It didn’t work. Go home.
7. Purchased Facebook fans and Twitter/Instagram followers. We all know what you’re doing.
8. Duckface. You look absurd. I’m not kidding.
9. Beyonce. Ugh.
10. Facebook’s Messenger app. Seriously, wtf.
11. The word “bae.” Kill me now.
12. Humblebragging. Just brag. It’s more palatable.
13. The Kardashians. Can’t they be over?
14. Instagram photos of feet. Stop it. Put your shoes on.
15. CANDY CRUSH INVITATIONS