1. Cotton/Cashmere Half-Zip from GANT by Michael Bastian 2. Shirt from Barbour 3. Cable Knit Sweater from Ireland's Eye 4. 3sixteen Indigo Denim 5. Naked & Famous Royalcast Denim 6. 3sixteen Black Denim
1. Hat by Stormy Kromer 2. Blanket by Reigning Champ 3. Watches by Shinola 4. PDG Mug 5. Anonymousism Socks
1. Hat by Stormy Kromer 2. Blanket by Reigning Champ 3. Watches by Shinola 4. PDG Mug 5. Rancourt Belt 6. Anonymousism Socks 7. GANT Rugger Wool Flannel 8. British Belt Co. Tweed Folio 9. Cheaney Brogue Boots 10. Barbour Scarf & Barbour Wax
1. GANT Rugger Wool Flannel 2. Cheaney Brogue Boots
1. Topo Designs for Woolrich Dopp Kit 2. 3sixteen Gray Heavyweight Pocket Tee 3. Reigning Champ for Beauty and Youth Bathrobe 4. Svensk Drom Sea Salt Soap
""I'm taking care of all my holiday shopping right downtown this year." -- Dustin Otton, Portland Dry Goods
Style mavens the world over would be tickled pink to find Portland Dry Goods (237 Commercial St.), where some of the best brands in menswear abound. Not only is the selection well curated, but they boast an impressive array of Maine-made gifts like Rancourt Shoes and Rogue Wallets. It’s also the shop I send all my well-intentioned male friends to go if they need help getting dressed. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and excited about what’s happening in menswear.
Shopkeeper Dustin Otton put together his picks for the season above including wool flannel shirts from GANT and a Reigning Champ Bathrobe. Says Otton: “I’m taking care of holiday shopping right downtown this year – socks and grooming can be found at the workplace, but I’m going to browse and follow instincts at More & Co., Momentum, Longfellow Books, Two Note Perfumery and Portland Trading Co. – all shops with great gifts for people who don’t need anything but value classic novelty”. See something you like from the photos above? Stop into the shop or give them a call.
Stay tuned for more gift picks from more of your favorite local shops!
Photos: Erin Little / A Love Supreme Photography
From Portland Trading Company and Black Parrot to the handmade and unusual at
Pinecone + Chickadee and Portland Flea-For-All, Fore Front Fashion rounds up some unique
gift ideas that can all be purchased locally. And there’s more to come this week!
// See them all