Social Social with Rob Gould
Posted: April 25, 2014
10 Things I Learned This Week From Social Media | Plus, it's Friday and I'm lazy
Up Next: Jenny Lewis coming to town in June
It’s Friday! It’s been a really long week for me. I’m happy to report that it’s been filled with interesting people and lots of productivity (not always the case for me this winter). In any event, I’m feeling especially lazy this morning so, I’m going to let social media do the work for me today. I mean, it’s about time that Twitter actually did something. Stupid bird. What follows is a list of ten things I learned this week from social media. It was not a difficult list to build. And, there’s still the weekend! Who knows what could happen?
I’d also love to hear what you learned this week from social media. You can post in the comments section here — or — you can find me on Twitter at @bobbbyg. Talk to me.
I hope everyone’s weekend is filled with sunshine and digital disconnection.
- Blogging and Twitter are making us smarter. So says NPR (this was technically last week but I just read it yesterday, so there)
- Shannon Bryan (my editor here) has a bunny fetish. And, all this time I thought she was boring.
- I accidentally watched 15 minutes of American Idol last night. I blame this on Twitter. And, I think I might be deaf.
- The Maine Women’s Fund Leadership Luncheon sold out a month in advance! I’m on the luncheon planning committee but I got this news yesterday on Facebook. If you haven’t checked out this organization and the incredible work they’re doing with Maine women and girls, I highly recommend it.
- Ted Axelrod’s beautiful photos of food make me really hungry. I’ve been lusting at his website and social media accounts. Thanks a lot Ted. I’m blaming you for the inevitable weight gain. You can find Ted on Twitter and Facebook.
- At this point, George W. Bush is actually a better artist than James Franco. Thanks for the link Facebook.
- Simon Dumenco, The Media Guy, Advertising Age secured his spot as my all-time favorite media journalist. Twitter brought us together. He’s both smart and hilarious.
- I had a fantastic time at last night’s #metweetup at Salvage BBQ. And, I adore Joan Crocker (organizer of Maine Tweetup).
- I learned about some really cool apps that will make my selfies the talk of Instagram. Because, I know you all want to see more of my selfies. Wish granted. Stay tuned for a post on all of this.
- I was told I need to go on a diet this morning. Thank you Siri. I hate you.
IMAGE CREDIT: The Run 2016