Fore Front Fashion
The 10 things you need to wear in a snowstorm
Sometimes the only thing that matters about getting dressed in the morning is “preventative freezing”. It’s a fashion term I am trying to coin in Maine. Here’s the definition: verb. An attempt at staying warm; trials of knowing what to wear in freezing temps. i.e. These long johns will surely help with preventative freezing before I go warm up my car.
Here’s the 10 things you need to wear in a snow storm
1. Base layers. I like thermal long johns but merino wool does a great job at wicking too.
2. A great pair of wool socks.
3. Insulated boots.
4. A scarf that wraps around your neck at least three times.
6. Mitten warmers. These are made in Maine and cashmere!
7. A wool hat or a balaclava. Balaclava’s scare me a bit but they keep your face from getting chapped.
8. Bib snowpants or the classic Carhartt union suit.
10. An extra pair of socks. Wet feet mean you’ll never, ever warm up.
What else do you wear to rely on preventative freezing?