12 Cheap & Free Date Ideas in Portland, Maine
This week we are doing a series on Dating on A Budget, if you are just joining us, here is what you missed:
Day #2: How To Save Money on Eating Out
Today I thought I’d share with you some of my favorite cheap date ideas you can do in Portland. I love to tease my husband about the fact that he actually applied for his first credit card while we were dating, just so he could take me out. Little did he know I’m really easy….to please, that is
- Fort Williams Park – Whether you are a kiting enthusiast or a budding photographer, you are sure to find lots of inspiration at Fort Williams Park. (Advanced: Take a lunch)
- Two Lights – Climb out to the rocks, bring a blanket and cozy up next to each other
- Walk around the Old Port – Warm(ish) winter nights are my favorite time to walk around the 3. Old Port. Not only are the Christmas lights shining brightly, but the scraggly Tommy Park folk are hibernating for the winter.
- Eastern Promenade: I may be in my mid-30s, but there is nothing funner than rolling down the hill on the Eastern Promenade with a date. (P.S. It helps if you’ve had several drinks beforehand…it’s wary funnier that way)
Let’s Get Sweaty:
- Run, Walk Or Skip around Back Bay (Advanced: Stop for a kiss break at every mile marker)
- Eastern Promenade is making it’s second appearance on the list, because sledding at the Eastern Promenade is a total workout and a totally fun way to spend a snow day.
- Bike the Greenbelt – Bust out your tightest spandex and sexiest helmet and get you tight buns down to the Greenbelt in South Portland to go on a biking adventure. Treat yourself to an ice cream cone at Red’s afterwards.
- Bayside Bowl – There is nothing sexier than a rented pair of bowling shoes! Be sure to head over during the week to save on lane fees.
For you Artsy Folk:
- Art Walk: Score cheap eats and drinks, while you take in some of the finest local art
- Alive at Five: Free Music in One City Center…can’t beat that!
Let’s get drunk and….
- GreenDrinks: Happens once a month at various locations in Portland. (Bring your own drinking vessel to save a few bucks)
- Beer, Bourbon & Burger at Empire Dine & Dance – For only $7 you can get a 160z beer, shot of dirrrrty bourbon & a single patty burger from 7-9pm! How can you go wrong?
Do you have any local cheap date ideas to contribute? Leave us a comment!