LL Bean Northern Lights Celebration
– L.L.Bean will ring in the holidays on Friday, Nov. 16, at 6:45 p.m., with a Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in Discovery Park, adjacent to the Flagship Store on Main Street in Freeport, ME. In keeping with this year’s 100th Anniversary spirit, the tree lighting and displays will be more festive than ever. Thousands of hand strung lights on one of the largest Christmas trees in Maine, along with a special holiday light show, are sure to delight kids of all ages. The Fogcutters will provide entertainment featuring big-band arrangements of traditional holiday tunes, and L.L.Bean will collect gently used coats for Maine’s seniors throughout the weekend.
The fun will continue all season long with L.L.Bean’s 7th annual Northern Lights Celebration − a series of events including horse and wagon rides, live performances, spectacular light displays, sled dogs and more. New to the list of Northern Lights activities this year is a Musical Holiday Light Show featuring a swirl of choreographed lights and visual effects synchronized to music. A new show will appear each hour, five times a night, beginning Friday, Nov. 16, and continuing through the end of the year. The shows will begin each evening at 6 p.m. L.L.Bean will bring their centennial to an end and ring in the next 100 years on New Year’s Eve with a fireworks display and free entertainment for the whole family.
“L.L.Bean’s Northern Lights celebration has become a tradition for families in Maine and throughout New England,” said L.L.Bean Senior Vice-President for Retail Ken Kacere. “For many, the holidays would not be the same without a trip to Freeport. And this year we are especially excited to share the fun at our Flagship campus where it all began 100 years ago.”
Special holiday happenings throughout the season include:
- Friday, Nov. 16 – Sunday, Nov. 18: Winter Coats for Seniors – For the 7th year, L.L.Bean and the Maine Triad chapters will host a coat drive for seniors, collecting gently used coats for Maine’s older citizens with the support of Maine Area Agencies on Aging. For every coat received, L.L.Bean will provide a matching donation of $5 to the campaign. Drop boxes are located in the L.L.Bean Discovery Lobby at the Flagship campus.
- Friday, Nov. 23, 12:01 a.m.: Freeport’s Moonlight Madness Shopping Celebration – Stay up late for a midnight fun run, plus activities and special discounts all over town.
- Friday, Dec. 7 – Sunday, Dec. 9: Freeport’s Sparkle Weekend – Enjoy a holiday parade, delicious treats and fun activities throughout Freeport, all weekend long.
- Monday, Dec. 31, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: KidNight New Year’s Eve Celebration – Start the fun early with L.L.Bean’s family-friendly event, including crafts, live music with Rick Charette and a wintertime fireworks display.
All Northern Lights activities are free and open to the public. For more information about L.L.Bean’s Northern Lights Celebration visit llbean.com/northernlights. For more ways to get involved in the company’s 100th Anniversary initiatives, visit >www.llbean.com/100.