2013 MAMM SLAM Rules & Regulations
- There is a two (2) band member minimum in order for a group to compete in the MAMM SLAM (no soloists).
- All band members have to be currently enrolled in a Maine high school or alternative program.
- Bands cannot change (add/drop) members at any point during the MAMM SLAM. All members listed on the registration form must appear on the demo songs and at all live MAMM SLAM performances. Failure to comply will result in disqualified from the competition.
- Bands cannot change their names during the competition.
Individual band members can play in multiple bands.
- Every band that registers is given a chance to compete in the MAMM SLAM
- The registration deadline is February 14th.
- Bands must submit two (2) recordings of original material. Songs can be submitted electronically via email (MP3′s, etc) or on CDs through the mail.
- Each band must complete the registration form.
- Each band member and their parents/guardians must complete, sign, and submit the registration form.
- Partially completed registration forms will not be considered.
- Each band is required to pay the $25 non-refundable registration fee. Registration is not complete until payment has been received and processed.
- Bands will be contacted in the order in which their registration forms were received to schedule performance times (first come, first serve).
- Attendance and timeliness is key. Failure to appear at the performances during the agreed upon time slot will be negatively reflected on a bands’ score card and can disqualify a band from the competition.
- Bands are allowed to play one (1) cover song during the Preliminary Round. Beyond that, bands are expected to play ALL original material.
- Certain equipment will be provided to the bands to use at the MAMM SLAM performances. Bands will be provided with a list of instruments/gear that they will be expected to bring to the performances.
- Live Performance 70%. Groups will be evaluated on their stage presence, originality, vocal quality, musicianship, etc.
- Marketing 20%. Groups will be evaluated on their web presence, print material, etc.
- Demo CD 10%. Groups will be evaluated on their songwriting, overall performance, etc.
- Live Performance 80%. Same criteria as above.
- Marketing 20%. Groups will be able to resubmit their materials. Same criteria as above.
- Five (5) bands will be elected to the Finals based on the judges’ scoring.
- One (1) band will be elected to the Finals as the fan-favorite “Wild Card” act. This will be determined by an online vote conducted by MaineToday.com.
- $1,000 Cash.
- Professional Services Package:
Free Recording Studio Time
Professionally Written Band Profile
- Performance Opportunities:
Live appearance on the Maine Academy of Modern Music’s stage at the 2013 Old Port Festival.
Live appearance on the Alive At 5 stage in Monument Square in the summer of 2013 (date TBA).
- Tour of Gateway Mastering Studios.
- Absolutely NO drugs, alcohol, etc, will be tolerated at MAMM SLAM events. Failure to comply by any +/or all members of a band will result in an automatic disqualification of that band from the competition.
- The use of offensive or vulgar language at any point during MAMM SLAM events (on or off of the stage) will result in an automatic disqualification from the competition.
- The Maine Academy of Modern Music reserves the right, in the face of unforeseen challenges or circumstances, to impose new guidelines or procedures.